Today was such and amazing day, Jeremy and I went to the Arizona American Mothers (they are an interfaith, non-profit, non-political organization working as a dedicated force to strengthen the moral and spiritual foundations of the family and the home.) Honors Gala in honor of his Great-Grandmother Louise Larson she won the 2008 Mother of the Year award. She is such an amazing woman; she has done so many great and small acts of service and love through-out her life!! Jett is her only Great-Great Grandson! I look up to her so much and think she is the perfect person for the award! It is such a good program recognizing the accomplishments of Mothers and Motherhood, it was a good reminder to me of how important the work I am doing is!! I just want to give a shout out to all the MOTHERS I know!! You are creatures of divinity; you are daughters of the Almighty. Limitless is your potential!! I know sometimes things get hard and crazy. Keep your heads up!! You will be blessed for the great work you do!! It made me think how much I love my Mom and Julie! They mean the world to me!
7 comments:
That is so true! Our lesson in R.S. today was on "Mother's who Knew" and it made me think the same thing!
I thought you had disappeared from the blogging world for a minute there. :) Jett is getting so big and looks so helpful. What a cute boy! Hope you guys are doing good! :)
Sounds inspiring! It is always fun to go to an event and feel motivated. Sounds like a wonderful opportunity!
Shawna!I love hearing your love and excitment about being a mother. You are an incredible mother. you are a real example of how all of us should be. I really realized when I stayed with you a couple of months ago how much love you have for Jett and your husband and it is so inspiring and motivating watching you to be just a better mother, wife and person in general.Thanks for your awesome example. I just added you and am so excited to stay in touch with you. Love ya girl!
And that, my dear cousin, is why I so look forward to being a mother someday... limitless potential, among other things! Haha, Shawna you are cute & so is your little boy.
Shawna you are such an amazing mother, wife and friend! I wish we were closer. You make me want to be such a better person! I definately need it:) well we do need to get together so let me know when you are free k. Talk to you soon I hope!
Thanks so much for that post! Moms ARE great, and it's nice to get a pep talk every once in a while!
PS - Jett is so adorable!
Oh, my beautiful daughter! You are a wonderful mother for my adorable grandson, Jett. Thank you for all the hard work you put in each and everyday. I love you so much! Keep up the awesome work, it only gets better as time goes on. Love, MOM
Post a Comment